Monday, September 27, 2010

Flakey-Flake Flake

**This was originally written on September 7th! I just took a while to complete it... go figure...**

I promise I like blogging, I really do! As you have probably noticed, my last post was from seven months ago. Oops. I have been busy with life ;-).

Looking through my journal entries over the past few years, I notice right around New Year's I think back on the year that has just passed and how eventful it has been. Well, I guess I see myself as having a pretty eventful life, because 2010 was exceptionally eventful! Ladies and gentlemen, a brief look at what I have been doing since last March!

1. Emi and I took a FABULOUS trip to New York!

2. I ran my first half-marathon (with Emi as well!)!

3. Sadly, my wonderful Toyota Corolla, Betsy, was totaled in a car accident on March 25th. I sprained my neck and was in a lot of pain for a while, but the silver lining is that I was able to purchase a cute green Nissan Sentra I proudly named Clover.

4. I moved into an awesome apartment right along the Greenbelt. I literally walk outside of my apartment and I can go on a hike!

5. I went skydiving for the first time! Incredible! Anyone who knows me well enough knows I am TERRIFIED of heights so the fact that I jumped out of an airplane at 13,000 ft. and enjoyed it is a miracle :-)

6. I was able to go to Japan to attend my cousin's wedding and see my family! At least one post will be dedicated to that trip. Too much to mention for now!


... I guess I keep asking myself why I keep starting and stopping blogs. I think I have a few reasons:

1. If I don't get some sort of creative writing outlet then I will get depressed thinking that the only writing I really do are e-mails at work all day long.
2. I think the quality of my writing is deteriorating the longer I'm out of practice. When I write in my personal journal it's completely sloppy because I know the content will not be seen by anyone's eyes but mine :-). Writing in a blog will hopefully force me to evaluate my writing.
3. I can entertain people who are bored.

 As you can tell, not feeling too insightful tonight. Meh, I guess that's part of the fun. Thanks for reading and I promise there is more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment